Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reflections

Ok so afterall...it wasn't over when I said it was, but this time it's for real. This is supposed to be a reflection of the course that has just passed. Something like a eulogy? Perhaps. As a means to help recall where we first started, I looked back to my first post as suggested my Ms Lim, and indeed I have to say, this course has offered for me much more than what I had hoped for.

Apart from being non-examinable (which was the very obvious reason why I chose it), it definitely helped honed and polish skills that I had, but more importantly, it equipped me with a lot more (considering how little I knew about this)new knowledge and skills in communications as we embark on a new chapter of our lives, be it now or in the near future.

If there was one point I had to choose to take home, it would definitely be the job application skills and practices. I felt that especially at this point in our lives, that would be the most relevant and essential skill to possess, as it can help make a difference in whether we get our dream jobs.

Of course, who can forget the interview practices we had, the fun and laughter we all shared. Myself aside, I also think it is quite amazing to see how the course has benefited some of my classmates too! From the beginning when I remember them like a little kitten standing in front of the class, to eventually at the end, a confident and articulate presenter!

Mission accomplished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Hi Clarence!

Yes indeed mission accomplished! This not only marks the end to this course but also to new beginnings where we will be able to apply the skills learnt in this course to whatever we may choose to pursue in the future! =) I definitely took away a lot from this course too, a lot more than I fathomed that I will be taking away, which is great!

I have to agree that the job application and practices portion was one of the most useful sections as we will definitely require these skills in the future! Anyway, want to take this opportunity to wish you all the best in the future and keep in touch! =)

Ora et Labora,

Bryan

April 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Madhu said...

Hey Clarence,
Yeah this module certainly offered a lot more than I also expected and even though I thought this would be yet another module that I'l just go through during university life, it was much more than that and it taught me a lot! And I agree that the job application skills and interview skills were indeed most useful. As for the mock interviews, I can clearly remember your one and I must say, you did a really good job. You somehow answered the questions very relevantly and at the same time, was very witty =). This module did indeed give me a lot of confidence and I feel like I'm at a better position to face the world. I hope it's the same for you too. Good luck with your job hunt and future work. Hope you get to put all skills you learnt into good practice.

Cheers,
Madhu

April 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home